We started out so early this morning. The buses started running at 5:30 as we wanted to be on one of the first. We headed out of the hotel at 5:35 leaving our bags with the front desk. (They would meet us later at the train station.) The road was twisty and with every passing bus on the way up I thought we would tumble down the mountain side, but I am just like that. After getting through the gate there was this beautiful over look of the mountains behind us. Still I can not believe how beautiful it was. The mountains were unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. Many of the mountains we saw on our trip reminded us of home, but not these they were so different, picturesque.

I will never forget the first moment we walked into Machu Picchu and I got my first glimpse. My first thought was wow this is so pretty.
Then 3 steps and 15 wows later when I had taken in how vast the landscape was I was beyond pretty and in complete astonishment. It is one of those moments where you really can not believe your eyes.

Where pictures do not do it justice. My only regret of the whole trip is not spending another day up there to just enjoy the scenery. Our whole day was spent exploring and learning about the Inca's, taking in every little bit of information we could and seeing this amazing piece of architecture from every which way possible. I would have loved about 3 or 4 hours to just sit and enjoy.
 |
| The beginning of our day! |
 |
| Alter in the Temple |
 |
| Perfect Masonry in the Temple |
 |
These lines show how
the stones are moving each year. |
 |
Only those who had a "recommend" could enter.
|
 |
| Irrigation to the city |
 |
Bathroom in the
"Kings Bedroom" |
We were again amazed by their irrigation system and the way they could provide water for the population at Machu Picchu.
 |
This stone had perfect directions,
North, South, East, West
Shawn's compass shows this is so. |
 |
| Wynu Picchu |
 |
| On the Way up! |
After our first 2 hours we hiked to the top of Wynu Pichu. It took us about 40 minutes to get to the top and the view was breath taking. We spent a little over an hour on the top exploring, taking pictures, and chatting with other tourists before heading back down. On the way back down Shawn kept telling people "Your almost to the top, just 5 or 10 more minutes." I finally made him stop telling people that knowing that they were at least 20-30 minutes from the top. In his defense going down it does not seem like you are that far away from the top.
 |
| At the TOP! |
 |
View from Wynu Picchu, you can see the road
the bus takes on the left, Machu Picchu on the right
and Wynu Picchu ruins in the front. |
 |
| View from Wynu Picchu |
 |
| The very tip top of Wynu Picchu (Machu Picchu is hidden behind us we were afraid if we moved we would fall) |
 |
| My super HOT hubby |
 |
| I'm seeing this if we ever go back, I took this pic from the train. |
This was by far the most amazing day. I wish I had made time for two of them. I can't say we will go back because there are so many other things in the world we want to see, but it was so amazing to do.
Fabulous pictures!! What a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteWOW. We need to get all the details to find out how to go there ourselves! It looks amazing!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteUh yeah, the road up to Machu Picchu TERRIFIED me as well. And then Max puked on the way back down. So no, it's not just you who isn't a fan. Love the photo of it though from wynu picchu - we couldn't climb 'cuz the kids were too young. So glad you guys got to go and KID FREE!!!
ReplyDelete