Monday, May 21, 2012

FS BRU- Honesty

It has come to my attention that I am not nearly as daring as most of the FS blogging community.  I have an inability to put things on my blog that meet the requirements for this month, "I want you to be honest with yourself and write something that has made you think. That has, dare I say it, almost scared you to have it published."  as stated in The Perlman Update - FS BRU.  I have decided to be prudish and reserved for several reasons, I don't think everyone on the planet needs to know the in's and out's of my family, to keep my husband happy because he is super security conscious (especially when it comes to stuff put out on the internet), I am a believer that what you think about you bring about and thus negativity will generate more negativity, and probably most importantly I know once it is out there it can never be taken back.

My goodness could you imagine if I just let loose on all the things that sucked at post, or how I think the school my kids attend has some serious issues, or heaven forbid (shhhhhhhh) my in laws?  I just know it would all come back to bite me in the butt. 

So that is it for me being honest.  If you know me you know I miss my family in the States terribly, my house leaks, driving here is a joke, and I am mentally challenged when it comes to learning Spanish.  You will also know, I love living overseas, I love my husband and children, and I'm grateful everyday for this opportunity and I'm still working on Spanish.

Someday, down the road when I'm super angry about something you may find my ranting on this site.  But for now my ranting about politics, religion, education and life in the Foreign Service will just have to be for those ears closest to me (you know who you are).


 



2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog through the FS BRU. I am a Foreign Service spouse, living in Amsterdam for now (my blog: http://themasalla.wordpress.com/). I noticed that you're in Asuncion right now and it's actually a place we're seriously considering bidding on. I was wondering if you would mind if I wrote to you to ask a few questions? Chela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

      Delete