Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MY MOM!


So on this day a long, long, loooong time ago the world was given the gift of my mother.  I know many of you may of missed it or been unaware of her influence on the world but let me assure you she has changed the lives of many. 

My Mom is one of those people who they make movies about.  She was born into a home that had many trials, yet she found a way to prevail.  Not only did she make her life better but she managed to make every moment of my life (and that of my sister) memorable.   I have often noted that it was not until I was an adult that I realized that not every mom was like she is.  She never missed an event in my life.  She attended every performance of the school play, every band concert (even when the most exciting song was hot cross buns), and never failed to chauffeur from place to place when I needed it. 

She taught us how to give even when we didn't have a lot.  And she taught us to find joy in serving others. 

And now, just when you would think she would rest she has become the nearly perfect grandmother.  Never failing to think about my kids and the many exciting events in their lives.  She attends every event she can make it to and makes the most out of those visits (seeing Emma's school play 5 times even though her part was only 5 minutes).  She sends letters and "just because" gifts so the kids will get something in the mail.   And there is no doubt in my kids' minds how much they are loved by their Sweetie Pie. 

So to My Dearest Mother:  I love you!  I miss you!  I can't wait to see you!  I hope you have a wonderful birthday and can feel our love all the way from here!  We love you to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond and no matter what, where ever we are, you will always be in our hearts!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment