After returning from a long weekend in PA we finally got to bed and in my fatigued state I set my alarm clock to go off at 6pm. So when I rolled over and peeked at the time this morning I was jolted out of bed when I realized it was 25 after 6. Emma had to catch the bus at 7:00 and it was the first day of school so hair and clothes must be perfect. It was a race against the clock but as you can see we made it in plenty of time to get her out the door.
One of my favorite things about the school year this year is that Isaac catches the bus exactly one hour after Emma does. So we do not have the early morning fighting, teasing, bossing and lolly gagging with each other. I came in the house after walking Emma to the bus stop and got Isaac going. He was a little more nervous and woke up with a really bad headache. I'm sure I seemed like the most high maintenance mother as I took him in and introduced myself to the teacher. I explained that Isaac wears glasses but doesn't have them today, and then went onto tell him the my kid had a headache and I made him come to school because it was the first day. Isaac was feeling much better by the time we got to school but I miss having a teacher I can go into and talk to like a friend about my kids. Yes, it is true although I never doubted it I miss VV very much. Before I sent Isaac off to school I found him thumbing through a photo album of a CA friend and he told me he hope he can make as good a friend here as he had in CA.
Surprisingly enough I had planned to do the dance of joy when my kids finally made it out the door for a new school year, but I did shed a few tears as I walked back to my car after dropping Isaac off.
You will be happy to know that when Isaac got home he had informed me he made a new friend... Daniel. Daniel plays Star Wars with him and after they learn about the Revolutionary War next week they are going to play that too. (Daniel will be General Washington and Isaac will be one of his Life Guards...his BEST Life Guard.)
The best thing about their day:
Emma- "I got my own locker."
Isaac- "I got to ride the bus home."
No comments:
Post a Comment