Friday, April 1, 2011

We Made It!

I wish I add pictures to share with you but we are still without Internet access.  I have been going through withdrawal so when I sent the kids to school today I came to the Embassy with my husband to use the computer here. 

So far so good.   Our bags did finally arrive late Sunday night, so my hubby didn't go to work in shorts and an t-shirt and the kids only had to spend one night without underwear. 

When packing I thought I was so smart I packed a whole carry-on bag of just swim stuff so even if all of our bags got lost (and like that would happen lol) we would still have swimming suits.  Well we arrived and our pool is broken.  What a waste of space.  I could have packed underwear in that space!

The kids started school today and are excited to not spend the day with each other. 

Our house is new to the housing pool so it has many, many, many issues.  Although it has been a great big pain in the butt, I know it is a blessing because it has forced me to use my very crappy spanish with all the people coming to fix it.  I so appreciate that people are patient and with me and willing to point and laugh with me.

I would love to spend time telling you all about my week, but I desperately need to spend some quality time with Amazon.com.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you're safe, and that your bags finally made it! It will be nice once things settle down and you can really settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you made it safe and sound - and that your bags arrived eventually! The first time we traveled overseas they lost our luggage for a while (and our carseats). I learned some important lessons in that move and now pack at least 3 changes of underwear per person in our carry-on.

    ReplyDelete