Monday, April 4, 2011

Things That Make You Go, Hmmmmm

For security reasons I can't post pictures of our house.  However there are a few things about it that I think are funny enough  to share with you. 

Every single door and closet in the house comes with these keys.  If you want the closet to stay shut you need to lock it.  So all over the house we have keys sticking out of doors.  On day number 2 Emma thought it would be funny to lock Isaac into his room, and then she couldn't get him out.  Of course it was somehow his fault.  


It is hard to tell but this nob is right up against the shower door and does not turn anything on or off.  It appears to be there so we can wonder why it is there. 


I know, this seems like a perfectly normal picture of the front porch light.  However you will find it in my living room.

No comment needed. 

Yes, my washer and dryer are in two totally different rooms.

This is newly laid sod.  It appears to be crab grass.  Our tax dollars at work. 

This is how the trash is collected.  These little bins sit out infront of each house and you take your trash out to it.  They come once or twice a week (no specified day) to collect.  So people just have trash out in front of their house all week long.  

We couldn't open a couple of the doors in the house.  They told us that if we looked in the office we would find the "extra" keys and see if they work.  This is what we found.  60+ keys and hours spent trying to get them to match and the lock smith still had to come out. 

This is our front door.  It is hard to see but you can look through the lock and see right through to the street. 
Nintendo DS fun for the whole family. 

Hope you got a chuckle.  More later.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the Stewarts being alive and connected! Well, um, at least... you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insane! Our house had normal locks but no keys. Maybe we could borrow a few of yours! We have a few odd lights as well but luckily, my kitchen cabinets are normal colors. I will trade you my European sized washer and dryer that sit nicely side by side if I can have your full-sized washer and dryer in two separate rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Lisa! I love it! We have a drawer full of keys for every single door in our house too! I must say, though, I think the garbage is my favorite :-) It is so fun to see how crazy your house is too! Keep smiling, my friend, in just a few weeks it'll feel more like home :-)

    ReplyDelete