The morning he left he made sure to give the kids their school year blessing, and when it was my turn and the tear started running down my face, Eli crawled up on my lap and said, "What wrong?" while prying my eyes open so I could seen him. That little one is going to be the light that keeps us all laughing.
Emma, Eli and I took the hubby to the airport. We were running a tad late and the security line was forever long so what is usually a 30 minute hug at the airport turned into a total parking time of 17 minutes. Isaac decided that he could not bear to send his daddy off at the airport one more time so he said his good byes at home. It was hard for me to leave him behind with my mom, knowing that he was going to go through that good bye pain alone, but I had to respect that he was figuring out how to deal with the stress for himself. 
The airport brought many tears and dreams about Christmas.
Saying good-bye is hard, but it was even harder to watch my children say good-bye to their dad, and watching my husband say good-bye to his kids. None of this is fair, but we will make the best of it and try to make some memories along the way.

I love you guys. But dang you for making me cry over a blog post.
ReplyDeleteAh. So sweet with Emma. I hope it goes by speedy-quick!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very sad blog post, time will past fast and you will have your husband back to you again, praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you - we're almost three weeks into our UT. It's not fun, is it?
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the luck and comfort I can. You've experienced some difficult times before, but you will discover this year while the hubby is away, that you are capable of much more than you ever thought possible. It will be a huge growth time for you and the kids. You are strong, you are amazing and you will be successful!
ReplyDelete