Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Were all my babies like this?

Last night at dinner Eli decided he was not going to eat his dinner.  He was not going to even try it.  We have had nights like this before.  I remember each of my kids going through a stage.  Emma decided at one point (I guess at about Eli's age) that she was not going to eat anything white.  That included milk, potatoes, bread, ice cream etc. 

Eli is currently refusing to eat anything except milk, yogurt, cookies, candy and fruit.  No veggies and no meat.  I'm super frustrated by this. 
  • I have tried the "then that is all you will get until you eat" approach.  But honestly that just drives me crazy. 
  • I have tried the "then I will blend it up with some yogurt and put it in a bottle" approach.  Sometimes and works and sometimes not. 
  • But mostly we go with the "than eat what you want" approach because it is what make all of us happy.  I have never tried this approach. 
When Emma was in her phase we used food coloring, colored cups and just avoided potatoes and bread that really are not that nutritional anyway. 

Do you think I am going to ruin him if I just let him have what he wants?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are going to "ruin him". I have finally stopped fighting my children. They can choose from what I made for dinner because I refuse to make anything else. It has stopped the fighting in our house but it helps that my older kids are not picky eaters either. The little ones watch them eat and eventually decide they might want to try it too. I know for me there are days when certain foods look more appetizing than others.

    ReplyDelete