Since moving here we have been blessed with a wonderful ward. A few months (okay 6) I was called to serve in the Young Women. I was surprised because we really only had 2 active young women. But I was happy to serve and work with the girls.
Over the last few months we have had Emma turn 12 and a new Mission President who has a YW, but we have that still leaves our count at 4.
This last Wednesday for our activity we told the girls we were going to bake bread as a service to the ward. The plan was to have each girl make their own dough and I would make a loaf. We would donate my loaf to the church and it would be used on Sunday for sacrament. Well by the time we got started on Wednesday we had 9, yes count them NINE girls show up. We had 3 less active girls and 2 visitors come to make bread with us.
Needless to say I was scraping together enough bowls and spoons for each to make their own loaf of bread. I did not get mine made. But it is all good. I made mine today, Saturday, so it will be fresh for tomorrow mornings service. Now it we can just get all 9 of those girls to church on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment