Monday, June 4, 2012

Is it Just Me, or Am I CRAZY?!?

So Emma's teacher sent an email last week asking for "bite sized" treats to sell at lunch to help support the school.  Now I think this kind of stuff is a waste of time, but Emma has gotten a ton of pressure from her friends about participating in this stuff so I obliged.  I bought cute little star cup cake tins and broke out a box of brownie mix and got to work.  She was asked to bring 12 but I sent her with 18.  They were sold for 1mil each.  ONE MIL!  This is the equivalent of 22 cents.  Totalling a whopping 3.88 (because she ate one) that was raised for the school that day.  Now I'm pretty sure that box of brownies cost me about $3, and once I put in the cost for powdered sugar, plates and baggies to sell I think they may have taken a loss.  I asked next time can't I just send $5 and not have to make anything?  Nope, if we do that I'm not considered a team player.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy YOU'RE crazy!

    Is it wrong that this story makes me laugh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! You have got to be kidding me!! Here when they have a bake sale they don't sale anything less than 5NIS which is about $2. I always thought it crazy that not only am I supposed to bake something, well actually 3 things - one for each child - but then I am expected to send them each with money to buy a ridiculously overpriced item!

    ReplyDelete