On Sunday we arrived at church (late as usual-- but to be fair it starts at 8:30) and headed to our classes. While Shawn was in Priesthood and I was in Primary we were summoned by one of the counselors in the Stake Presidency.
This is what we hear: "Buenos Dias, something something hasta maƱana mummble, somthing importante que something, somthing something something servir something parte something, something fuerte something."
I look at my sweet husband and he looks at me and I say, "I didn't get any of that did you?"
"NOPE"
The man repeats again what he wants and at the end I look at my husband and say, "I think they are calling you to be the first counselor in the bishopric."
My sweet husband feeling overwhelmed by the HUGE language barrier says, "When do you need to know?"
"Sometime before sacrament."
With about an hour to come to terms with this new calling we sat, talked, prayed and cried. Okay I cried. And now I will sit by myself during church, kiss my Tuesday nights good bye and probably have to stop cursing. But I will pray for strength... and the gift of tongues and enjoy the service.
Condolulations! I'm so sorry for both of you. But it's good for ya'. I also need to apologize for laughing so hard at your description of the conversation. If it's not funny to you yet, it will be someday. Shawn's a good man. Just remember that you'd rather be married to someone who's worthy and willing to serve then someone who will always be sitting with you on the bench! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh - what an adventure - seriously, this is something wonderful and unique - what a privilege!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling all too well. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIs this when you are grateful it is him and not you? :) Congrats or condolences!! Whichever you need more.
ReplyDeleteUmm, condolences?
ReplyDeleteWow! Good luck! I am sure you'll be a blessing there. The conversation cracked me up though :)
ReplyDelete