Well, I spend the morning reading about the exciting adventures of my friends overseas and although I love facebook I thought it would be much more benificial for my close friends and family to read my blog (if they so wish) to see the comings and goings of our family.
Yes, I am aware that this is going to be a fight with my husband but after a year and a half I have won the facebook fight and I think I can win this one too.
So this last week has been spent getting ready for school. Every year I am shocked at what it takes to get the kids ready. We have finished most of it with the exception of some stuff for Isaac. He is required to have a change of clothes at school. To me this is a waste. That is just an outfit that will sit in a baggie until February that he will probably grow out of before he can wear it out. But it is fine. We do what we are asked because it makes life easier.
Emma is super excited for Middle School. I am still worried about sending my 10 year old to middle school but I think they have a really good program here. We have bought her some stuff to organize and decorate her locker. Who knows, I might be more excited for this than she is.
Eli is, well Eli. He is rolling over every time we put him down now. He refuses to sleep on his back. If we put him in the crib awake he will roll over within 60 seconds, put his hands in his mouth and close his eyes. He is great about sleeping through the night. If he does wake up it is usually between 3 and 4, he eats and goes right back to bed. I would say about 50% of the time I have to get him up before he wakes up because I am ready to feed him.
My sweet husband has been working some really long hours for the last couple of weeks. I don't know if he likes the class or not. He gets to spend the day shooting a gun (which I would think he would love) but there is a lot of frustration that goes with this class. So I will be glad when it is over and look forward to days with normal hours.
I have really been enjoying our time here. I love (I can't believe I'm saying this) but love living in an apartment with so many people who are in the same boat we are in. It is like belonging to a club. There are a ton of members here and Emma is loving having so many friends that share our same address. She is rarely looking for something to do.
Well I will see how this goes and hope to post again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment